Monday, January 19, 2009

Peeing in the tub is good for you.

In the bath tonight, I peed. To feel the warmness coming from inside and then for it to be on the outside was understandably soothing. Now it is hard for me to say this, more like make this confession as such, but I can't help knowing that this is only a normal thing to do. Somehow I know that sitting in your own urine, it can be good for you. And what is dirty about urine anyway? My body is so well hydrated that my pee nearly never has colour, nor odour.

I think that on a biological level, there are many acts in which we try to feel connected in the world. More interestingy though is how we try to grasp disconnection, like death. Keleman connected sex and death through the common force of excitement. For him, dying is also associated with unformedness, unconnectedness, and unknowingness. He related these issue's to the surrender of orgasm, "la petit mort"-the little death. "The orgiastic state produces feelings of dying , raises fears of dying..." He proposed that sexual intercourse provides practice for dying-the orgasm stimulating the letting go of life with its comitant intensity and exhileration. Well, fuck me.

Since my intentional pursuit towards death, I find it nearly impossible to be unrelative to death. Oh this makes enormous sense though, doesn't it? Do you think this is morbid? No no no, it is the furthest from morbid, but it is instead an intensely life-giving framework to live in; for what is living without then dying?

1 comment: